Skip to main content

Story from Pasupatinath

 As the sun rose on a beautiful Friday morning, the dew on the ground glistened in the light, filling the air with a sense of renewal and hope. I, filled with a longing to reconnect with the divine, set out on my old bike to the sacred Pashupati temple, a place I had not visited in some time. The familiar sights and sounds of the temple grounds enveloped me, and I felt a sense of peace wash over me.

But as I made my way through the crowds, my eyes were drawn to a figure that stood out among the throngs of worshippers. She was like an angel, her beauty striking and otherworldly. I couldn't help but stop in my tracks, my eyes fixed on her.

As I stood there, transfixed, she approached me and spoke. To my shock and amazement, she introduced herself as a ghost. I struggled to control my emotions as she told me of her plight, of her longing to speak to the souls of the dead.

As we made our way to Aryaghat, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. And then, there it was - a dead body lying on the stone slab on the riverbank. The ghost offered to speak to the soul of the deceased and I, in a moment of desperate curiosity, asked if she could bring the body back to life.

"Yes," she said, "but on one condition. You must come with me."

In that moment, I knew that I could not make that sacrifice. I had too much left to see and do in this life. And so, with a heavy heart, I bid her farewell and watched as she disappeared, taking the soul of the dead with her.

As the alarm on my phone jolted me back to reality, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered. Had it all been a dream? Or had I truly stumbled upon a ghost, and been offered a glimpse into the afterlife? Whatever the truth may be, the experience left me with a newfound appreciation for the fragility of life and a sense of longing for the unknown.


By Sudarshon sapkota, 2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पर बाट देशलाई हेर्दा।

परदेश बाट देशलाई हेर्दा। हाम्रो आफ्नै भुगोल छ। भाषा छ। आफ्नै धर्म छ। देवता छ्न आफ्नै। नभएको त बुझाइ मात्र हो। आफ्नै इतिहास छ। भित्तामा आफ्नै पात्रो छ। गति आफ्नै छ। नभएको त गति तिब्र मात्र हो। सन्सार हेर्नलाई सगरमाथा छ। फेर्नको लागि सफा हावा छ। अन्नको लागि तराइको फाट छ। भिमकाय पहाड छ्न, खानी छ, मुलको पानी छ  नहुनु पर्ने चाँइ हैरानी मात्र हो। आफ्नै गित छ्न संगीत छ्न। गायक छ्न गायिका छ्न। चलचित्र पनि आफ्नै छ्न। हिरो छ्न, हिरोईन छ्न। खड्किन थालेको चाइ आफ्नै कथा हो। हामी सग के छैन? हामीसग हिड्नलाई बाटो छ। पुरानो सभ्यताको पाटो छ। आफैले आर्जेको देशको माटो छ। नहुन पर्ने चाइ जात-धर्मको नाउँमा फाटो हो। हेर्ने हो भने हामी सग पहिला नै धेरै कुरा छ्न। बिधुतको लागि खोला-नदि छ्न। पर्यटनको लागि सुन्दर  प्रकृति छ। सन्तुलित हावा पानी छ। न बनाय हुने भनेको दुत्सित मात्र हो। बिद्यालय छ्न। बिश्वबिद्धालय छ्न। बिध्या पिठ छ्न। बिद्यार्थी छ्न( अहिले सम्म) खड्किएको भनेको देशलाइ चाहिने पाठ्यक्रम र पठन पाठन हो। सानो भूगोल भैकन पनि हाम्रो देश सग धेरै कुरा छ। हिमाल छ।  हिमालमा हिउँ छ( अहिले सम्म) सबै हिमाल विशाल छ्न।

मेरो साधारण बुझाइ, यो दौड हो कि भागदौड ?

मेरो साधारण बुझाइ,  यो दौड हो कि भागदौड ? जिजुबुवाहरु कतै जानुभएन। धेरै हिड्नु पर्ने बाटो अप्ठ्यारो भएर हो कि वा आफ्नै माटोमा सबै थोक देखेर हो, गाउँ घर तिरै रमाउनु भयो। हजुरबा पुस्ता अलि पर  भारत बर्मा सम्म पुग्नु भयो। केही पढ्नुभयो  केही नयाँ कुरा सिकेर आउनुभयो। तर उतै हराउनु भएन। गाउँ फर्किएर गाउँ मै अर्थोपार्जन र बिधालयहरु स्थापना गर्नु भयो। बाउहरुको लागि सपना देख्नु भयो। खेतवारि जोडि घर धनसार बनाउनु भयो।बुवा पुस्ताले बिधालयमा केही पद्न पाउनु र नया कुरा सिक्न पाउनु भयो। यो पुस्ताले हजुरबाहरुको सपना बुझेन्न वा आफ्नै सपना पूरा गर्न भौतारियो, कोहि बिदेश गए कोहि शहर पशे। बिदेश जाने थोरै थिए धेरै फर्किए, पछि आफनै थाक थलोमा। शहर पस्नेहरु शहर मै हराए। नातिहरु जन्मिने क्रम जारि नै रह्यो। नाति हरु ठुला हुन्दा सम्म धेरै ठाउँ बाटो ले जोडियो। सन्चार माध्यमले धेरै मान्छेहरुसग जोडिए। नयाँ कुरा धेरै थाहाँ पाए। सपना र चाहाना पनि तेहि अनुसार परिवर्तन भयो।  देशले मात्र उनिहरुका चाहाना पुर्याउन सकेन भनुम।धेरै लागे बिदेश। अहिले सम्म लागिरहेछ्न । अब पनाति हरु उतै जन्मिने भए, उनिहरुको सपना यो धर्तीले थेग

Chungthang Hydro-Dam Breach: Lessons for Nepal's Big Hydropower Ambitions

Chungthang Hydro-Dam Breach: Lessons for Nepal's Big Hydropower Ambitions Introduction: A catastrophic glacial lake outburst triggered flash floods in North Sikkim's Mangan district on October 4, 2023, leading to the breach of Sikkim's Chungthang dam, the largest hydropower project in the state. This incident has sent shockwaves through the region, emphasizing the need for Nepal to carefully assess the risks associated with large hydropower dam projects. To make informed decisions, Nepal must draw lessons from past dam failures and natural disasters, understanding the implications of such events on a national scale. The Chungthang Hydro-Dam Disaster: The Chungthang dam, a vital component of the 1200 MW Teesta Stage III Hydro Electric Project, is a symbol of power generation in the region. However, the recent breach underscores the potential consequences of dam failures. As flash floods wreaked havoc in Chungthang and Mangan districts, damaging infrastructure and lea